TIP TOP TAPPIN'

WELCOME EVERYONE!

This will be my first post in our 6 week long journey on "how to learn to tap dance" . This is a skill that has been used for many decades for entertainment across the world. The skill is performed with a pair of leather shoes and two metal taps, one on toe and one on the heel. The art of tap dancing is a skill that I have admired for a long time. 

I have 2 daughters that are competitive dancers for their life and I have always loved watching them do this style. I had personally never learned to tap. Now that my eldest daughter owns a dance studio, this is the perfect time for me to learn to "shuffle ball chance" across the room.

The motivation I have to learn is that maybe I can do a couple combos with them and maybe one day dance along side them. 

There are a few basic steps in learning tap, that within the 6 week challenge, I should be able to master. The skill of learning to tap the toe and heel right after is not as easy as it looks, but I am up for the challenge.

Come along for the journey of a new skill and see where it takes us over the next while. 

In my proposal project, I have a video of my daughter doing the goal moves that I plan to try and recreate along side her.  Stay tuned for updated videos.


signed, 

Dancin' Mamma

Bobbi Jo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Adventures!

Some new research!